Menu Bar

Slide Show


Saturday, January 29, 2011

Aunt Wednesdays Wednesday!

Yes, I know its is Friday! But Wednesday was a good day that deserved to be shared. I dropped mom at the dr and took Corde shopping with me. My little sweetie is growing up to be like her Aunt! She LOVES yarn! I went to our local Hobby Lobby to pick up a few skeins for some special orders. Corde was in the cart and I would push her to the section of yarn i wanted while she proceeded to pull skein after skein into the cart in the colors she liked. She picked up a pretty plum, for the hat Harmony ordered, wrapped her arms around it and squeezed then she gave it a kiss! she rode all thru the store holding that shein of yarn and cuddling and rocking it like it was her baby! Finally I said to her that we needed to go look at buttons (for christening gown) she gently sets her yarn aside and said "no! me button!....... belly button!" and laughed and laughed . It was so cute to see her make a joke!! Later that evneing one of my friends stopped by and we went and had a cup of coffee at the bookstore, so relaxing, i skimmed through some new pattern books, hoping for ideas, lots of beautiful new things out there to make! Another day of being reminded once again that the biggest gifts, best joys, come from our Loving Father.He is  not just the big picture, but also in the small details! The gift of watching a little one learn to love soft yarns, learn to tell jokes, the relaxation offered over a cup of coffee with a friend..... Thank you Lord for Wednesday and also for today!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to hoping she didn't ingest any buttons...belly or otherwise

    ReplyDelete