Menu Bar

Slide Show


Sunday, December 26, 2010

The growing sweater

the growing sweater
So.... the funniest thing happened... at least I thought it was funny, some people will probably just roll their eyes at this little story, but that's OK. I was working on my third baby sweater of the day for my shop http://www.auntwednesdays.etsy.com/  when suddenly I realized the sweater i was making was HUGE! My yarn stash was really getting a work out today and I was so proud of my progress. I wasn't paying much attention as i got sucked in to this great movie "The Ultimate Gift" starring James Garner.. (my all time fav actor)  All the sudden I looked down at what I had been making to see I was actually making a sweater big enough to fit my 20 month old nephew! Here is a picture of it in progress! Still needs a sleeves and a collar. My crochet hooks are all in this little pouch my grandma kept hers in and her mom used before her. I just reached in and didn't pay any attention to the hook (first mistake) and grabbed an size I instead of a G. Then I counted my chain, and started crocheting, only somewhere in those establishing stitches my phone rang and I received quite a few texts and still I crocheted. The funny thing is that i have crocheted for so long and am so used to this pattern that i didn't miss a stitch, everywhere it should have been increased for the larger size, i increased it! So the sweater will be completed, perfectly made to fit an avg 12-24 month old baby. I did everything i needed to to make the larger size without even realizing it! I was just so shocked to look down and realize i had this bright beautiful and way to big for a newborn sweater in my lap. Has anyone you know ever done that? Or my favorites is when I m making a scarf and get to talking as I knit, i have made them so long and wide hat they become crib blankets!!!! I know I need to pay attention but sometimes I am pleasantly surprised what my hands do when my eyes are not watching! Check back tomorow to see ths completed sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment